Commercial food processing is a heavily regulated industry. Between state and federal regulators, third party auditors and organizations providing certifications, there are a lot of outside eyes on your facility. You can count on the commercial pest control experts at Environmental Coalition Incorporated to help ensure that pests don’t jeopardize your business’ regulatory compliance or reputation.
Our experienced technicians will use the latest pest control techniques to get rid of pests and keep them out without disrupting your operations.
And because we know how important documentation is in this industry, we’ll provide detailed documentation of all the steps that we took to help keep your facility pest-free.
Need a Pest Control Estimate for Your Facility?
Common Pests in Food Processing Facilities
Some of the most common types of pests in food processing facilities in Houston, TX include:
- Cockroaches – These unsanitary insects carry bacteria that can cause multiple human illnesses. You don’t want them anywhere near your equipment, inputs or finished products.
- Rodents – Like cockroaches, rodents can carry bacteria that can cause serious illnesses in humans.
- Birds – The high ceilings and roofs of food processing facilities can make an appealing place for birds to nest. We’ll humanely remove them and relocate them away from your facility.
- Pantry Pests – Also sometimes called “Stored food pests”, these insects eat cereal grains and other stored foods.
- Ants – Some species of ants are attracted to sweetened food products that contain sugar.
Our Food Processing Facility Extermination Process
If you’ve seen a pest in your facility, you should hire a company that’s experienced in food processing pest control. And if you haven’t seen a pest yet, you should hire us to begin pest exclusion measures to keep it that way. We’ve been serving food processors and other commercial businesses in Houston, TX since 1991.
Our process includes the following steps:
- A thorough property inspection of the facility and surrounding area
- Identification of pest pressures and the conditions that may be attracting them
- Development of a pest control plan that suits your food processing facility’s unique needs
- Proper sealing of entry points and exclusion efforts to control sources of the infestation
- Ongoing visits from a team of experienced technicians committed to keeping your facility pest-free
Trusted Food Processing Facility Pest Control
With over three decades of commercial pest control experience in Houston, TX under our belt, we know what it takes to make your facility pest free and keep it that way: regular check-ups, preventative measures, and minimally disruptive treatments. And we’ll do it without using sprays or liquid pesticides that leave behind a toxic residue and off-gas in your facility. To learn more about how we can help your food processing facility, contact our team today!Back to Commercial Pest Control